Embossing on Fabric

Here's another card that I made which uses the technique that Vanessa Webb demonstrated at Convention in Melbourne - embossing fabric.


I stamped onto the material (100% Cotton - Tea Dye from Spotlight) with Black Staz On and coloured in Ollie and Olivia (Stampendous) using Copics and a Bashful Blue Stampin' Write Marker. I had to experiment with a few different copics and markers as some 'bled' more than others on the material.


With the help of some Big Shot Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets, some Naturals Ivory Card Stock and the Top Note Die, I embossed the material using the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder and sponged around the edges with Soft Suede Ink and a sponge dauber.



Other Bits 'n' Bobs -

Baja Breeze Card Stock and DSP from the Subtles Pack, Corner Rounder Punch, Baja Breeze Ink for sponging, Victoria Crochet Trim, Antique Brad, To and From Tag stamp and Small Tag Punch.

This was meant to be my submission for tomorrow's JAI Challenge (I don't think it will give anything away but rather keep you guessing ;) It just didn't really 'cut it' so I spent most of today making something completely different and needless to say, I'm much happier with the result.

Happy crafting,

Comments

Anonymous said…
I really like this Bronwyn ... very classy - cheers Andrea & the dogs!
Tania Gould said…
So bummed I couldnt make it last night to see this in person!!
Leonie said…
This is seriously cute
Bronwyn Eastley said…
Tania .. my workshop is TONIGHT!!!
Ooooh....very nice, Bronwyn! I can't wait to see the tomorrows challenge now :)
Patrice said…
You are too funny! I'm off to check out what you made as replacement (unless you're surprising the dt as well).

This is super cute and I love that you've used fabric this way.
Christine Blain said…
This is altogether TOO CUTE, Bron! Love it to bits.