Japanese Dolls

Isn't she adorable? I was browsing Splitcoast Stampers on the Web the other night and came across a very cute card featuring a little Japanese Doll. She's made from the wide oval, 3/4 " and one inch circle punches, along with some cute Designer Series Paper. I just had to try it out for myself using the Haiku DSP.

It was such fun to make, that I decided that this would be one of my Swaps for Hobart Field Training. I don't think I'll get tired of making them, as each one will end up looking a bit different. They'll have different hairstyles and kimonos and I might substitute the 'Eastern Blooms' Stamp Set for 'Circle Circus' to see how that looks.

I also made one that has a 'polished stone' kimono etc. I'm keeping that one for a future post, along with other sample cards that I'll make using the same technique, for my demo in Hobart.

Project Recipe:
Stamp Sets: Eastern Blooms, Fresh Cuts
Paper: Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Tangerine Tango, Old Olive and So Saffron
Ink: So Saffron, Old Olive, Tangerine Tango
Accessories: Haiku DSP, Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker, Earth Element Brads (Old Olive), Crop-a-dile (small circle in flower), Trio Flower, Wide Oval, 1" Circle, 3/4" Circle and Word Window punches, Stampin' Dimensionals

I had better get off the computer and get ready to go the Launceston Show. Apparently I have some prize money to collect!! Mmmm.. no guesses as to what I'll put that towards.. a new stamp set, perhaps? My tri-shutter card won 1st prize and Little Uggles the Bear, came 2nd. Wooo.. hooo! The last time I entered a competition, I was in grade 2 and I got Equal First Prize for my short story. I can remember that I wouldn't let the author scribble her name in my nice new book that I received and my sister being annoyed with me. That's one time I should have listened to her advice.

Stay in touch for some more cute Japanese Doll cards.

LOL, Bronwyn XX

Comments